Step 1: Contact A Professional Roofing Contractor
- Reach out to a professional roofing contractor.
- Belter Roofing & Construction always has contractors in the area of a storm and we offer free initial roofing inspections.
- Set inspection appointment.
- We will examine, evaluate and document all damages to your property.
- The contractor will determine whether it is advisable to make a claim.
Step 2: File a Claim
- Contact your Insurance Company through their claims department.
- Inform Insurance Company that your property has sustained damage.
- Provide accurate information to your insurance company regarding the type of damage (hail, wind, etc.) and the DATE OF LOSS.
- At this time, inform the insurance company that you had a professional contractor from "xyz roofing" (e.g. Belter Roofing & Construction) examine your property and disclose the contractor's name (e.g. John Doe).
- Your insurance company will give you a Claim Number at this time.
- Take record of your claim number and provide it to your contractor for reference.
Step 3: Insurance Adjuster Meeting
- An Insurance Adjuster will Contact You within 48 hours of making a claim to schedule an appointment at your property.
- Inform them of the contractor you have selected and that you would like a Belter Roofing Rep. to be present for the inspection.
- Confirm with your Belter Roofing Rep. the date when your insurance adjuster will be out for the inspection, so we can meet them during inspection.
- We will discuss damages to your roof and type of work needed to take place with the insurance adjuster.
- This includes all measurements, pricing and any code upgrade requirements necessary to bring your property back to its original condition before the storm.
Step 4: Insurance Summary
- The Insurance Company will send you a Loss Summary Report containing the list of damages and the proceeds associated.
- Along with the summary will be your first installment check called ACV (actual cash value payment).
- It is important to review this with your Belter Roofing Contact to insure that it’s complete and accurate.
- At this time, you will determine repairs to be made and products to be installed.
Step 5: Actual Roof Installation
*Process won't occurs after home owner receives their insurance check from current mortgage company. **Most roof replacements take only One Day to complete.**
- Remove all existing shingles or bad shingles and hauled away to an approved landfill.
- Replace or Repair Bad Decking or 1″x6″ boards, whichever is applicable to your roof.
- Install Ice & Water Shield – Used as an underlayment to protect sloped roofs from water penetration due to wind-driven rain and water back-up resulting from ice dams.
- Apply Underlayment – Building codes and shingle manufacturers all require the use of a roof underlayment, such as an asphalt roof felt paper or synthetic.
- Apply Shingles – starting at eaves and working upwards.
- Apply Flashing around chimney, stack vents and pipes to deflect water away from seams and joints.
- Install Ventilation – installed at the peak of a sloped roof which allows warm, humid air to escape a building’s attic.
- Clean up surrounding area to ensure it is free of nails and discarded roofing materials.
Step 6: Insurance Claim Completion
- Once your project has been completed, Belter Roofing will send a final invoice with any supplements to the insurance company.
- This will release any remaining funds being withheld.
- This is called Recoverable Depreciation.
Step 7: Final Payment and Warranty Information
Upon receipt of final payment from insurance company,Belter Roofing will provide you with warranty information for the products used.